Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Gospel Blesses Lives

Hey family, well my email just got erased again and I had just finished it. Ugh. thank you all for writing. It was really nice to hear from all of you.

Yesterday we had our transfer calls and I am being transferred to Faro. I am really excited to go down there. I will be with Irma Churak, who is also from Texas. I am super excited to go, but really sad to leave here with the members and investigators we have.

Here's my new address
Rua Dr. Joao Lucio
Nº2A 2º ESQ
8000 Faro
Portugal

Barbara and her family came to church on Sunday! It was so amazing to see! Maria was able to get off of work and so they found the church themselves, though they don't even live in Mafra. They loved church and it was a great meeting, although it was POURING outside. Wow. But the members were great and very welcoming and the testimony meeting was probably one of the best I've ever been to. The testimonies were amazing and I loved it.

We talked to Barbara yesterday and she told us how much her family has changed in the past few days. The contention that they usually have is all gone and they are so much happier since Sunday. She said that she has been praying to have more peace. She and her dad are reading every day from the Book of Mormon. Loretto is really putting to test what we told him about how we can have more peace and happiness in our lives form the Book of Mormon. It's been miraculous to see. I am so excited for them!

Yesterday I ate shrimp and I liked it! Gonçalo Esteves taught me how to eat it and he did it in true 15 year old fashion, even spraying shrimp juice in my face. The Esteves have really become very dear to me. They are part of my Portguese family here.

Things are going really here. We were able to teach SOO much last week. I twas amazing. We are being very blessed. I am sad to leave, but I am excited as well to go to Faro. Tomorrow I get to take a three hour bus! I hope that you all continue to do well. Have a great day! Sorry this is short.

Nine more months! Happy Hump Day to me!

No comments: