Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One Funny Poem Song

Hello family! I am glad that everything went well for your various Thanksgiving celebrations! We had a great one here last week. The Nelsons made us dinner and it was SOOO good. Wow. I love American holidays and I'm a little nervous about the Christmas food here, but I'm sure it will be good. Everything else has been good here.

Well, first let me say how much I am loving the tripla. Wow. I love it. Irmas Machado and Holtzclaw are soo amazing. Irma Machado loves politics and the Middle East and Irma Holtzclaw has so much energy and is a theater major. We are all constantly laughing and singing. I am so impressed with them and their willingness to learn and to serve the Lord. They make my life so much easier.


Albertina is doing well. She's at the point of decision whether she wants to act on what she knows is right or not. I know that she knows that we are saying the truth, but she just needs to have the faith to act. But, I'm confident that she will find the faith that she needs.


Sunday was the Primary Program in church and it was so great. I loved hearing those sweet children sing. It is such an inspired program. We were all edified by the simple and powerful message of the primary hymns.

Sunday night we had a funny experience. So instead of having a Christmas party we are having a Christmas devotional. So each of the auxiliaries are in charge of having a musical number. So the Relief Society for some reason decided to invite the elders to sing with us and so we all practiced on Sunday night. We are singing "O Little Town of Bethlehem", I think, and "Silent Night". So, I volunteered to plunk out the parts as one sister conducted. She hovered over me and almost bumped into me the whole time and I had a hard time following her. So, I delegated to one of the elders.

So we started singing "Silent Night" and the director thought it would be a good idea to, instead of singing the hymn, have one person recite the hymn while everyone else "oooed" in the background. So various members of the Relief Society recited the hymn in their most dramatic way, while the other half tried not to laugh. Then someone thought it would be a good idea for ME to try reciting it. (I have no idea who thought that I could maintain my composure with having a choir backup.) So I recited the first verse and tried really hard not to laugh, but then I broke down in the second verse and laughed so hard that I was crying, my face beet-red of course. The rest of the choir (including the director) busted up laughing and we all had a good time. Let's hope that we can keep straight faces during the devotional.

We had a great family night last night with a family with only three girls, the Pintosillgo's. Those girls jumped all over me and entertained me, but the oldest girl really knew the gospel really well, I was impressed. I also learned how to make a really pretty snowflake/icicle thing. So, bonus.

But things are going really well for us. I am happy and loving being a missionary. The time is really starting to fly by. I know that this is the Lord's work, that I am His representative of His church. I love you all and I hope you have a great week remembering the birth of our Savior.

No comments: