Thursday, January 10, 2008

Welcome to the Journey

Hello readers!

As you may or may not know, I am going to be serving a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will have the great opportunity of serving in Portugal for 18 months.

First, though, I will be heading to the Missionary Training Center (MTC)in Provo, Utah. As I already have an adequate grasp on the Portuguese language, I don't know what they're going to do with me for two months. It will be a great blessing if I get my visa before I leave the MTC, but who knows? I could have the opportunity to serve in the States for a while if it does not arrive, which would be a great adventure as well. I'd be able to practice my teaching skills in English first, which would be wonderful. During these two months in the MTC, I will not be able to email my family, so this blog will probably not be updated. However, once I leave the MTC, I will be able to email my family and so they will update this blog with my progress and stories from my mission.

During my time in Portugal I will be preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to all those who will hear me. (Hopefully, they'll be able to understand me too!) I consider it a great privilege to be able to do this work. I know that I have been called to be a representative of Jesus Christ and I hope that I will be able to influence the lives of those I meet for good.

To all of you who read this I wish you the best of luck and I would love to hear from you!

Laura

MTC (until about March 18th):
Sister Laura Thomas
MTC Mailbox #298
POR-LIS 0318
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Letters to Portugal (after MTC time):
Sister Laura Thomas
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Apartado 40054
P - 1500 Lisbon
PORTUGAL
(US postage 90 cents)

Packages in Portugal:
Sister Laura Thomas
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
P - 1500 Lisboa
PORTUGAL

1 comment:

Christa said...

Holy crap I'm so excited for you!!! Plus the e-mails home --> blog idea = AWESOME! I'm totally going to ask my parents to do this, as it makes the whole e-mail list maintenance issue much easier to deal with. You're so rad. Best of luck, and I promise to write you at least once. ;)